I have the honor of moderating a forum at the upcoming RCA convention on the subject of major issues for the future of the Orthodox community. The panel will consist of:
- R. Basil Herring, Executive Vice President of the RCA
- Mr. Richard Joel, President of YU
- R. Steven Weil, Executive Vice President of the OU
- R. Shmuel Goldin, incoming RCA President
The convention will be in Cong. Ahavath Torah in Englewood, NJ from May 15th through May 17th. This panel is scheduled for 8pm on Monday, May 16th and will be open to the public.
My instruction to the panelists will be that they are speaking on the panel as leaders in the Orthodox Jewish community, not as leaders of their respective organizations. They should therefore speak about communal needs and initiatives rather than their specific organizations or pet projects.
I have a long list of issues to raise and questions to ask. However, I’d like to reach out to readers for your suggestions. Please keep in mind the following:
- This is not a request to bash the panelists or their organizations (or anyone or anything else)
- I will not ask anything about a specific person or organization so don’t bother suggesting it
- In the end, I will choose whether to incorporate your questions into my existing list
That said, I look forward to the suggestions the knowledgeable readers raise in the comments section.