Daily Reyd

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

A Woolf: Jewish Women: Bring on the Orthodox Sexodus!
In an Education Reform Battlefield, Hebrew Charters Are at the Forefront
▪ A metaphor for Conservative Judaism? “the plan is to keep about 25 percent of the titles onsite in the new Library. The remaining 75 percent will be stored offsite, available only for next business day retrieval”: Musings of a Jewish Bookseller: The Drastic Changes now in effect at The Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary and it’s effect on future scholarship
Rabbis against the Rabbinate
Rabbinate ‘black labels’ whiskey
On Greek isle of Rhodes, Jews return to celebrate ancient community all but wiped out
▪ See, world, Iran likes its Jews so we should give the country nuclear weapons: How Iran’s Jews Survive in Mullahs’ World
Israeli artifacts to be showcased in DC Bible museum
In Life-Or-Death Legal Dispute, Modern Medical Ethics, Jewish Law And Civil Law Clash
▪ Too bad this headline writer wasn’t around during the Clinton presidency: Bronx Rabbi Who Took Boys Naked to Sauna Will Keep His Job
▪ I’m not sure why the Daily News posted this article from 1991 but it’s worth the read, especially if you are too young to remember: Riots erupt in Crown Heights in 1991

About Gil Student

Rabbi Gil Student is the Editor of TorahMusings.com, a leading website on Orthodox Jewish scholarly subjects, and the Book Editor of the Orthodox Union’s Jewish Action magazine. He writes a popular column on issues of Jewish law and thought featured in newspapers and magazines, including The Jewish Link, The Jewish Echo and The Vues. In the past, he has served as the President of the small Jewish publisher Yashar Books and as the Managing Editor of OU Press. Rabbi Student currently is serving his third term on the Executive Committee of the Rabbinical Council of America and also serves as the Director of the Halacha Commission of the Rabbinical Alliance of America. He serves on the Editorial Board of Jewish Action magazineand the Board of OU Press. He has published four English books, the most recent titled Search Engine volume 2: Finding Meaning in Jewish Texts -- Jewish Leadership, and served as the American editor for Morasha Kehillat Yaakov: Essays in Honour of Chief Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter

The latest weekly digest is also available by clicking here.

Subscribe to our Daily Newsletter