For the past two years, I reported annual traffic statistics taken from Google Analytics: last year, two years ago. Here are the website traffic highlights of the past year (August 9, 2012-July 31, 2013):
- Average weekday* daily unique readers: 1,353 (9% growth from previous year)
- Average weekend* daily unique readers: 784 (7% growth)
- Day of the week with most unique readers: Monday (averaging 1,417 – 7%)
- Day of the year with most unique readers: Monday, July 15, 2013 – 4,142 unique readers (110%)
- Day of the year with the 2nd most unique readers: Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 – 2,789 unique readers (44%)
- Week with the most pageviews: Apr 14 – Apr 20, 2013 (61,932 – 41%)
And here are the top 25 posts (excluding news & links) along with unique pageview counts. I think the main lesson, aside from that controversy garners attention, is that the practical issue of drinking water on Tisha B’Av is of major interest. Below that are the top referring websites.
|1)||My Nom De Plume Exposed||11,507|
|2)||Women Wearing Tallit?||4,803|
|3)||Drinking Water on Tisha B’Av||4,551|
|4)||Why Homosexuality Is Different in Our Times||4,534|
|5)||Don’t Call Me a Zionist, I Don’t Deserve It||4,191|
|6)||Update Re David Keter Letter||4,013|
|7)||Women’s Only Torah Reading||3,913|
|10)||What’s Wrong With Triangle-K?||3,238|
|11)||Homosexuality: Another Orthodox Perspective||3,070|
|12)||President Carter, Yeshiva University and Our Community||2,936|
|13)||Is Chabad Heresy?||2,725|
|14)||Sexual Misconduct and the Question of Rehabilitation||2,652|
|15)||The Most Important Discussions||2,543|
|16)||The Post-Yeshiva Synagogue||2,528|
|17)||Partnership Minyanim II||2,476|
|18)||Women and Judaism: Refocusing the Discussion||2,389|
|19)||Tolkien and the Jews||2,378|
|20)||Two New Slifkin Supporters||2,296|
|21)||Non-Defense of Rabbi Sacks||2,123|
|22)||Partnership Minyanim III||2,013|
|23)||Rav Moshe Vaye, Rav Eitam Henkin and Extremism||1,938|
Top Referring Websites
|1)||Google / organic||227,341|
|5)||Bing / organic||8,890|
|8)||Yahoo / organic||3,061|
|10)||Related Posts Widget||2,476|
* Weekday is defined as Sunday through Thursday, on which nights this blog is generally updated. Weekend is Friday and Saturday, plus Jewish holidays (both days).
I hope it is not “The Final Year of Hirhurim”
Mycroft: Apparently it is.
I think the main lesson, aside from that controversy garners attention, is that the practical issue of drinking water on Tisha B’Av is of major interest.
It is of special interest on Tisha B’Av when people are scouring the internet for blog posts that cover Torah that that they are allowed to learn on that day :).