▪ Kashrus in Jerusalem just got more complicated. Meet Kashrus Mehuderes, in between regular and mehadrin: New in Jerusalem: Higher level of kashrut
▪ It’s been one tough year for Orthodox Jews: 5773 Year in Review
▪ Learn a few Torah laws in one cute story: Chicken Eggs
▪ In line with my essay earlier this week, this article quotes David Brooks about the political atmosphere: An Assault on Cynicism
▪ Brooklyn GED Program Seeks To Help Put Haredi Men ‘On the Path’ to Employment
▪ Not for use on Shabbos and Yom Tov: New app allows easier donations to synagogues
▪ Egypt is now too dangerous for kosher supervisors. I thought that point had long passed: No More Kosher Food from Egypt
▪ Transformed: Lord Sacks’ verdict on the community he led for 22 eventful years
▪ Just the tip of the iceberg (skip the New Testament section at the end): Laughter in the Bible? Absolutely!
▪ R David Silverberg on the biblical meaning of lifting the Sefer Torah (hagbahah): link
E-mail subscribers: Please note that posts on Friday are automatically sent out on Shabbos. This function cannot be easily turned off.