Approximately a year ago, I reported a year’s worth of website traffic stats from Google Analytics: link. Some readers expressed surprise that I would reveal these secrets but I see no reason to hide them. It’s time for another year (July 20, 2011-August 7, 2012). Here are some highlights of the past year, showing growth from the previous year:
- Average weekday* daily unique readers: 1,242 (15% growth from previous year)
- Average weekend* daily unique readers: 735 (18% growth)
- Day of the week with most unique readers: Tuesday (averaging 1,334 – 21%)
- Day of the year with most unique readers: Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012 – 1,972 unique readers (5%)
- Day of the year with the 2nd most unique readers: Monday, Feb 27, 2012 – 1,934 unique readers (36%)
- Week with the most pageviews: Jan 29 – Feb 2, 2012 (41,063 – 7%)
And here are the top 25 posts (excluding news & links) along with unique pageview counts. I think the main lesson is that controversy garners attention, as if we needed data to prove that, and guest posts are the most interesting. Below that are the top referring websites.
Top Referring Websites
|1)||Google / organic||194,604|
|6)||Bing / organic||8,573|
|9)||Yahoo / organic||3,896|
|10)||Related Posts Widget||2,408|
* Weekday is defined as Sunday through Thursday, on which nights this blog is generally updated. Weekend is Friday and Saturday, plus Jewish holidays (both days).