by Joel Rich
Special Edition of 17th Yerushalayim Yarchei Kallah (English Shiurim
All Shiurim can be found here: http://www.aiayk.org/shiurim/
AGUDATH ISRAEL OF AMERICA • TORAH PROJECTS COMMISSION
17th Yerushalayim Yarchei Kallah (English Shiurim)
HARAV ASHER WEISS-Shiur Hakdama
Hiddur Mitzvah (beautification) can be both in the item used in the mitzvah or in the act of the mitzvah.
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.16.RavAWeiss.machshava-koachhatefilla.mp3HARAV ASHER WEISS-Koach HatefillaHKB”H wants our prayers and no prayer goes unanswered. Moshe’s tfila to enter Israel were used for the good of the Jewish people through today.
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.17.RavNKaplan.halacha.mp3HARAV NISSAN KAPLAN-Shiur HalachaA compilation of topics I think I’ve reviewed in individual Shiurim of his:
- Is there a torah chiyuv today of lulav in Jerusalem different from the one outside of Jerusalem(and implications)
- Is there really such a thing as a kosher pitumless esrog?
- Why give your father the less hadar Etrog (unless he’s paying for yours)
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.17.RavYGoldhaber.mp3RABBI YECHIEL GOLDHABER-The Mekor of the Mesoros of EsrogimInteresting quasi-academic review of the history of etrogim. When did the whole issue of grafting take off? When did the requirement of a “mesorah” become so important? What does science say about the impact of grafting? How much of this is due to economics and religious politics? [all too much it seems]
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.17.RabbiTKushelevsky.machshava.mp3HARAV TZVI KUSHELEVSKY-Shiur MachshavaWhy was Moshe picked to redeem the Jewish people? True simcha is not trinkets but avodat hashem. Remember to think about others.
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.18.RavYFriedman.iyun.mp3HARAV YAAKOV FRIEDMAN-Shiur IyunDefining psulim based on prohibited uses (e.g., asheira tree)
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.18.RavYEichenstein.machshava.mp3HARAV YEHOSHUA EICHENSTEIN-Divrei MachshavaR’M Shapiro uplifted all those around him.
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.18.RavAWiesenfeld.audiovisual.mp3HARAV AVI WIESENFELD-Daled Minim – Part 1Lots of details on the specifics of etrogology!
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.19.RavSKallus.halacha.mp3HARAV SHRAGE KALLUS-Shiur HalachaMore on the specifics of Etrogology plus a little on other minim. Best quote on hiddur – “big things is a big maaleh.”
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.19.RavCTSenter.iyun.mp3HARAV CHAIM TZVI SENTER-Shiur IyunYom Tov Shein’s discussion – the whole one day/two day issue for bnai chutz laaretz. Ties into the classic R’Chaim/Rambam on v’lakachtem and ushmartem as two separate mitzvot. The whole thing comes back to whether Yom Tov sheini of galut is a minhag or a takana (is it reversible based on changed circumstances?)
- http://www.aiayk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016audio/YK/YKY2017.1.19.RavACFeuer.neila.mp3HARAV AVROHOM CHAIM FEUER-Shiur IyunCongratulations on being part of mesorah chain.